ENGLISH USA LESSON 39, PART 1
WRITER: MAURICE IMHOOF
PRODUCER: FRANK BEARDSLEY
TURKISH : HULYA POLAT
In the next English USA lesson, Martin Learner and friends are watching a football game. They describe people playing and watching the game. You will learn to describe the physical characteristics of others.
English USA derslerimizin 39’uncu bölümünde Martin Learner ve arkadaşları bir futbol maçı izliyor. Oyuncular ve maç hakkında konuşuyorlar. Çevrenizdeki kişilerin fikizsel özelliklerinden sözetmeyi öğreneceksiniz.
İngilizce Dersleri 39
1. This is English USA, on the Voice of America. Now, Lesson 39, Part 1.
2. Today you will learn to describe the physical characteristics of other people. Martin Learner and his friends describe people playing and watching a football game.
3. MARTIN: Hello, Lee. How are you?
4. LEE: Fine thanks. How are you?
5. MARTIN: Fine thanks. You're early. Who was that young man with you?
6. LEE: He's my son.
7. MARTIN: How old is he? He's very big.
8. LEE: He's fifteen. He wants to play football.
9. MARTIN: Does he play now?
10. LEE: Yes, he does. He plays in school. He's sitting with my brother.
11. MARTIN: Which man is your brother?
12. LEE: He has curly brown hair.
13. MARTIN: Is he on the left?
14. LEE: Yes, he's the one.
15. MARTIN: His hair is black.
16. LEE: No, it's dark brown. Here's Waleed.
17. WALEED: Hi.
18. MARTIN: Good afternoon, Waleed.
19. LEE: How are you?
20. WALEED: Fine thanks. How are you, Lee?
21. LEE: Fine.
22. WALEED: How are you, Martin?
23. MARTIN: I'm OK. Sit here, Waleed.
24. WALEED: Thanks. Who is that?
25. LEE: Which one?
26. WALEED: Do you see that very tall man?
27. LEE: I see two tall men. Which one?
28. WALEED: He has light brown hair.
29. LEE: Does he have very big feet?
30. WALEED: Yes, he does! He has very big feet.
31. LEE: Is that the coach?
32. MARTIN: Yes, it is.
33. WALEED: Where is the other coach?
34. LEE: He's over there. Do you see that man with blond hair?
35. WALEED: Is he short?
36. LEE: Yes. He has a black book.
37. WALEED: Yes, I see. Is your son here?
38. LEE: Yes, he is. He's sitting with my brother.
39. WALEED: Where?
40. LEE: Over there.
41. WALEED: What does he look like?
42. MARTIN: He's big.
43. WALEED: How old is he?
44. LEE: He's fifteen years old.
45. MARTIN: He has dark brown hair.
46. LEE: No, he doesn't. He has black hair. My brother has dark brown hair.
47. MARTIN: He has straight black hair.
48. WALEED: Is it long?
49. LEE: It's not very long.
50. WALEED: What does your brother look like?
51. MARTIN: He has curly brown hair.
52. LEE: That's right.
53. WALEED: I see them. You son is very handsome.
54. LEE: Thanks. He wants to play football.
55. We can ask for a description of someone by asking "What does he look like?" Listen to two examples.
“What does he look like?” (neye benziyor, nasıl bir insan) diye sorarak bir kişinin dış görünüşünü öğrenebiliriz. İki örnek veriyoruz.
56. WALEED: What does he look like?
57. MARTIN: He's big.
58. WALEED: What does your brother look like?
59. MARTIN: He has curly brown hair.
60. Can you answer these questions about your family members or friends? Choose only one physical feature to answer each question.
Aileniz veya arkadaşlarınızla ilgili soruları yanıtlayabilir misiniz? Her soruya cevap vermek için bir fisiksel özellik kullanın.
61. MARTIN: What does your father look like?
62. MARTIN: What does your friend look like?
63. MARTIN: What does your mother look like?
64. WALEED: Lee, does you son play football now?
65. LEE: Yes, he does. He plays in high school.
66. MARTIN: Does he want to go to college?
67. LEE: Yes, he does. He wants to play college football.
68. WALEED: Lee, who is that woman with your brother?
69. LEE: I can't see. What does she look like?
70. WALEED: She has long blonde hair.
71. MARTIN: She's very tall and thin.
72. LEE: Is she pretty?
73. WALEED: She's very pretty.
74. MARTIN: She's sitting behind your brother.
75. LEE: Oh, I see. That's my sister.
76. You have been listening to VOA's English USA, Lesson 39, Part 1. Listen again at VOA for Lesson 39, Part 2.
English USA’de 39’uncu dersin birinci bölümünü dinlediniz. Dersin ikinci bölümünde yine birlikte olacağız.
ENGLISH USA LESSON 39, PART 2
WRITER: MAURICE IMHOOF
PRODUCER: FRANK BEARDSLEY
TURKISH: HULYA POLAT
In the next English USA lesson, Martin Learner and his friends attend a football game and talk about people they see. You will learn to describe physical characteristics of your friends and family.
English USA’de 39’uncu dersin ikinci bölümünde Martin Learner’la arkadaşları çevrelerindeki kişilerin fiziksel özellikleri hakkında konuşmaya devam edecek, maçı tartışacak.
1. This is English USA, on the Voice of America. Now, Lesson 39, Part 2.
2. Today you will continue to describe physical characteristics of your friends and family. Martin attends a football game with his friends and describes people they see.
3. WALEED: Lee, your son is very handsome and your sister is very pretty.
4. LEE: We're a handsome family.
5. MARTIN: Some are handsome and some are not.
6. LEE: Do you see that player over there?
7. MARTIN: The very big player?
8. LEE: Yes. He's the one with long legs and big arms.
9. WALEED: This is a football game. There are many players with long legs and big arms.
10. LEE: I know. Do you see that short player? Look behind the short player. Now do you see the one with long legs and big arms?
11. MARTIN: Maybe.
12. LEE: Who is he?
13. WALEED: He's a new player.
14. MARTIN: I don't know his name. He came from Dallas.
15. LEE: Would you like something to eat?
16. WALEED: Something to drink.
17. WALEED: Martin, does your son play football?
18. MARTIN: He's not on the team. I don't want him to play football. He's too small.
19. WALEED: He isn't very small. He's tall.
20. MARTIN: But he's too thin.
21. WALEED: There's Lee over there. Who is that?
22. MARTIN: I can't see him. Is it his brother?
23. WALEED: No, it isn't.
24. MARTIN: What does he look like?
25. WALEED: He's not very tall.
26. MARTIN: What color is his hair?
27. WALEED: I can't see his hair. He has a cap. Come here. Can you see him now?
28. MARTIN: Is he the one with a red cap?
29. WALEED: Yes, that's the man.
30. MARTIN: It looks like Lee's brother.
31. WALEED: His brother is sitting with Lee's son.
32. LEE: OK. I have hot dogs.
33. MARTIN: What do you have to drink?
34. LEE: I have two beers and one coke.
35. WALEED: May I have the coke?
36. LEE: Of course.
37. MARTIN: Who was the man in the red cap?
38. LEE: That's my uncle. He loves football. He comes every game.
39. WALEED: He looks like your brother.
40. MARTIN: He doesn't look like you.
41. LEE: That's right. He's the handsome uncle. Let's eat.
42. MARTIN: Did you play football, Waleed?
43. WALEED: No. I played soccer. My family likes soccer.
44. LEE: My family loves football.
45. We describe people by size and shape. We talk about the color of their hair and eyes and perhaps their skin. We describe the size of their ears, noses, and feet. We talk about the length of their arms, legs, and hair. We can comment on the shape of their head, shoulders, and hips. We describe by stating the physical feature and adding descriptive words to make a phrase. Listen to some example phrases in this lesson.
Kişileri boyutları ve şekilleriyle tariff ederiz. Saçları ve gözlerinin, hatta derilerinin rengini söyleriz. Kulaklarının, burunlarının ve ayaklarının büyüklüğüne değinebiliriz. Kollarının, bacaklarının, saçlarının uzunluğunu gündeme getirebiliriz. Kafalarının şekli, omuzları ve kalçalarına değinebiliriz. Bunun için uzunluk, kısalık büüklük belirten sıfatları tanımlayacağımız uzuvdan önce kullanmamız gerekir. Bu derste geçen bazı örnekleri tekrar dinleyin.
46. MARTIN: He is very big. He is fifteen years old.
His hair is black. No, it's dark brown.
He has curly brown hair.
Do you see that very tall man?
I see two tall men.
47. Descriptive words after a "be" verb describe the noun (subject) before the "be" verb. For example [SAY IN ENGLISH] "He is big." [LOCAL LANGUAGE] Descriptive words before a noun describe that noun. For example [SAY IN ENGLISH] "He has curly brown hair. Curly, brown" [LOCAL LANGUAGE] both describe [SAY IN ENGLISH] "hair."
“Be” olmak fiilindan sonra kullanılan tanımlayıcı kelimeler (sıfatlar) fiilden önce kullanılan kelimeyi tanımlama görevi yapar. “He is big” örneğinde olduğu gibi. Tanımlayıcı kelime (sıfat) eğer “be” fiilinden sonra tanımlanan kelimenin önünde kullanılıyorsa, o sözcüğü tanımlar. “He has curly brown hair”/Kıvırcık kahverengi saçları var örneğindeki gibi. Kıvırcık ve kahverengi, ikisi de hair/saç kelimesini tanımlar.
48. Can you answer these questions about your friends?
Arkadaşlarınız hakkında sorulan aşağıdaki sorulara cevap verebilir misiniz?
49. MARTIN: What does your friend look like?
50. MARTIN: What color is your friend's hair?
51. MARTIN: What color are your friend's eyes?
52. MARTIN: Is your friend tall?
13. MARTIN: Is your friend fat?
54. You have been listening to VOA's English USA, Lesson 39, Part 2. Please join us for the next lesson.
English USA’de 39’uncu dersi de tamamladık. 40’ıncı derste yine birlikte olmak umuduyla.