ENGLISH USA LESSON 18, PART 1
WRITER: MAURICE IMHOOF
PRODUCER: FRANK BEARDSLEY
TURKISH: HÜLYA POLAT
In the next English USA lesson, you will learn to answer questions about your family. Martin Learner visits a farm family and talks about their family and others.
Bu derste ailenizle ilgili sorulara cevap vermeyi öğreneceksiniz. Martin Learner çiftçilik yapan bir aileyi ziyaret edecek ve onlar hakkında bilgi alacak.
2. This is English USA, on VOA. Now, Lesson 18, Part 1.
3. Today you will learn to understand family terms in English and answer questions about your family. Martin Learner talks with a farm family.
Bu derste aileyle ilgili sözcükler öğrenecek, ailenizle ilgili soruları yanıtlama pratiği yapacaksınız. Martin Learner çiftçi ailesiyle sohbet edecek.
5. LISA: Let's sit here, Mr. Learner.
6. MARTIN: Please, call me Martin. May I ask some questions?
7. LISA: Of course.
8. MARTIN: May I record your answers?
9. LISA: Yes.
10. MARTIN: Do you have a family?
11. LISA: Yes, I have a husband.
12. MARTIN: What is your husband's name?
13. LISA: Eric.
14. MARTIN: Eric. That's right. We've met.
15. MARTIN: Do you have children?
16. LISA: Yes. We have two children.
17. MARTIN: Are they boys or girls?
18. LISA: We have one boy and one girl.
19. MARTIN: Wonderful. You have a son and a daughter. Are your mother and father living?
20. LISA: Yes, they are.
21. MARTIN: Do they live here?
22. LISA: No, they don't. They live in town.
23. MARTIN: Do you have a large farm?
24. LISA: Oh, yes. It's a very large farm. The farm was my father's farm.
25. MARTIN: And you have a very large house.
26. LISA: It's a wonderful house. The house is old. Here's Eric.
27. ERIC: Hello. Martin?
28. MARTIN: That's right.
29. ERIC: How are you?
30. MARTIN: Fine thanks. How are you?
31. ERIC: Fine thanks.
32. LISA: We're talking about families.
33. ERIC: I have a large family.
34. MARTIN: Are your parent's living?
35. ERIC: My mother is living. My father isn't living.
36. MARTIN: Where does your mother live?
37. ERIC: She lives in California.
38. MARTIN: Do you have brothers and sisters?
39. ERIC: I have three brothers and two sisters.
40. MARTIN: Where do they live?
41. ERIC: Two brothers live in town. One lives on a farm.
42. MARTIN: What do they do? One is a farmer?
43. ERIC: That's right. Two brothers have businesses in town.
44. MARTIN: Lisa, do you have brothers and sisters?
45. LISA: I have a sister.
46. MARTIN: Where does she live?
47. LISA: She lives in Texas.
48. MARTIN: Is she married?
49. LISA: No, she isn't.
50. MARTIN: What does she do?
51. LISA: She's in the army.
52. MARTIN: Are your sisters married, Eric?
53. ERIC: One sister lives in Montana. She's married to a rancher. One lives in California. My mother lives with this sister.
54. MARTIN: What does this sister do?
55. ERIC: She has a business.
56. LISA: She's a photographer.
57. MARTIN: That's interesting.
59. People like to know about families. Listen to some questions and answers about families. All the questions can be answered with "yes" or "no."
Sohbetlerde aileyle ilgili sorular sık sık sorulur. Şimdi aile konusundaki sorularla cevaplarını dinleyin. Bütün sorulara “yes”(evet) veya “no” (hayır) yanıtı verebilirsiniz.
60. MARTIN: Do you have a family?
61. LISA: Yes, I do.
62. MARTIN: Do you have children?
63. LISA: Yes, we do.
64. MARTIN: Do you have brothers and sisters?
65. ERIC: Yes, I do.
66. MARTIN: Are your parents living?
67. LISA: Yes, they are.
68. Can you answer these questions about yourself and your family?
Kendiniz ve ailenizle ilgili bu sorulara cevap verebilir misiniz?
70. MARTIN: Do you have a family?
72. MARTIN: Do you have children?
74. MARTIN: Do you have brothers and sisters?
76. MARTIN: Are your parents living?
78. LISA: Eric, where are our children?
80. You have been listening to VOA's English USA, Lesson 18, Part 1. In the next lesson, Martin talks with Lisa and Eric's children.
18’inci dersin birinci bölümünü dinlediniz. Dersin ikinci bölümünde Martin Lisa ve Eric’in çocuklarıyla konuşacak.
ENGLISH USA (SERIES 1), LESSON 18, PART 2
WRITER: MAURICE IMHOOF
PRODUCER: FRANK BEARDSLEY
TURKISH: HÜLYA POLAT
In this lesson, Martin Learner talks with a farm family about their farm and their family. You will learn to answer questions about your family members--where they live, and what they do.
18’inci dersin 2’nci bölümünde Martin Learner konuk olduğu çiftçi ailesiyle çiftlikleri ve aileleri hakkında sohbete devam edecek. Aile üyelerinin nerede yaşadıkları, ne iş yaptıkları gibi sorulara cevap verme pratiği yapacaksınız.
2. This is English USA, on VOA. Now, Lesson 18, Part 2.
3. In today's lesson, you will answer questions about family members and tell where they live and what they do. Martin Learner talks with a farm family.
5. LISA: Here are the children now.
6. ERIC: This is Max. And this is Meg.
7. MARTIN: Hi, Max. Hi, Meg.
8. MAX: Hi.
9. MEG: Hi.
10. MARTIN: I'm Martin. How old are you, Max.
11. MAX: I'm fifteen.
12. MARTIN: Are you in high school?
13. MAX: Yes. I'm in tenth grade.
14. MARTIN: Where is your school?
15. MAX: It's in town.
16. MARTIN: How old are you, Meg?
17. MEG: Eleven.
18. MARTIN: Where is your school?
19. MEG: I don't know.
20. LISA: It's east of here.
21. MARTIN: It's in the country?
22. ERIC: That's right.
23. MARTIN: Meg, can I ask some more questions?
24. MEG: OK.
25. MARTIN: I want to ask some questions about your family. Do you have uncles?
26. MEG: Yes. Three.
27. MARTIN: Where do they live?
28. MEG: Two live in town. One lives over there?
29. MARTIN: Where?
30. ERIC: West of here.
31. MEG: See that road? Over there.
32. MARTIN: Max, do you have grandmothers and grandfathers?
33. MAX: Yes. Two grandmothers are living, and one grandfather is living.
34. MARTIN: Where does your grandfather live?
35. MAX: He lives in town now. He lived here.
36. MARTIN: What does he do?
37. MAX: He was a farmer.
38. ERIC: This was his farm.
39. MARTIN: Meg, where do your grandmothers live?
40. MEG: One lives in town. One lives in California.
41. MARTIN: What do your uncles do?
42. MEG: Uncle Gene is a policeman.
43. MAX: Uncle Chet is a baker.
45. Can you answer questions about Lisa's family? Do the best you can.
Lisa’nın ailesiyle ilgili sorulara cevap verebilir misiniz? Elinizden geleni yapmaya çalışın.
47. MARTIN: Does Lisa have a family?
49. MARTIN: Does Lisa have a husband?
51. MARTIN: What does Lisa's husband do?
53. MARTIN: What did Lisa's father do?
55. MARTIN: What do you do?
57. MARTIN: Do you have a family?
59. MARTIN: Max, is one uncle a farmer?
60. MAX: Yes, he is. He has a small farm.
61. MARTIN: What does he grow?
62. MAX: Corn. All the farmers grow corn.
63. MEG: He grows beans too.
64. MARTIN: Soybeans?
65. MEG: Yes.
66. MARTIN: Does he have animals?
67. MEG: Oh, yes!
68. MARTIN: Do you like animals?
69. MEG: I like some animals. I like horses.
70. MARTIN: Can you ride?
71. MEG: Yes, I can.
72. MARTIN: Max, can you ride?
73. MAX: Of course.
74. MEG: I don't like cows.
75. MARTIN: Does your uncle have cows?
76. MEG: Yes. He has big cows. He has two-hundred cows.
77. MAX: No, he doesn't.
78. MEG: Yes, he does. He has two-hundred cows.
79. MAX: No, he doesn't. He has fifty cows.
80. MEG: No, he doesn't. He has two-hundred cows.
81. MAX: Fifty.
82. MEG: Two-hundred.
83. LISA: Children! Stop that!
84. MARTIN: Lisa, did your father have cows?
85. LISA: No, he didn't. He didn't like animals.
86. MEG: He liked corn and beans.
87. LISA: That's right.
88. MARTIN: Did he like horses?
89. LISA: No. He only liked corn and soybeans.
90. MARTIN: You have a very big house, Meg. Do you like your house?
91. MEG: It's old. But I like it.
92. MAX: I like uncle Gene's house. It's new.
93. LISA: Our home is wonderful!
94. MAX: Our home is wonderful. But uncle Gene's is new.
96. You have been listening to VOA's English USA, Lesson 18, Part 2. Please join us for the next lesson.
Amerika’nın Sesi tarafından hazırlanan English USA dil dersinin 18’inci bölümünü dinlediniz. 19’uncu derste yine birlikte olalım.