ENGLISH USA LESSON 34, PART 1
WRITER: MAURICE IMHOOF
PRODUCER: FRANK BEARDSLEY
TURKISH: HULYA POLAT
In the next English USA lesson, Martin Learner is at the train station with his wife, Eileen. They talk about activities each is taking part in. You will continue to hear and practice expressing both specific and general times.
Bu derste, Martin Learner eşi Eileen’le birlikte tren istasyonunda. Martin ve Eileen birbirlerine neler yaptıklarını anlatacaklar. Genel ve belirli zaman ifade eden sözcük ve sözcük gruplarını kullanma tekrarı yapacaksınız.
1. This is English USA, on the Voice of America. Now, Lesson 34, Part 1.
2. Today you will continue to hear and practice stating specific and general times of your own activities. Martin Learner is at the train station with his wife, Eileen.
3. EILEEN: What time does the train go?
4. MARTIN: At nine-fifteen.
5. EILEEN: What time does it arrive in Pittsburgh?
6. MARTIN: I don't know.
7. EILEEN: When is your meeting?
8. MARTIN: I have many meetings. They are in the afternoon.
9. EILEEN: When are you coming home?
10. MARTIN: Tonight.
11. EILEEN: We're going to meet the train.
12. MARTIN: Is Alan going to come with you?
13. EILEEN: Yes, he is.
14. MARTIN: When is his game?
15. EILEEN: Tomorrow evening.
16. MARTIN: Isn't the game this evening?
17. EILEEN: No, it isn't. It's tomorrow evening.
18. MARTIN: When was it last week?
19. EILEEN: It was on Wednesday. It's on Thursday this week.
20. MARTIN: I see. What time is the game?
21. EILEEN: It's at seven-thirty.
22. MARTIN: Good. I'm going to go.
23. EILEEN: That's wonderful. He wants you to go.
24. MARTIN: When are you going to your office?
25. EILEEN: After lunch. I worked late last night.
26. MARTIN: What time are you going to go?
27. EILEEN: At one-thirty. What time is the train tonight?
28. MARTIN: It arrives at eight-forty-five.
29. EILEEN: OK. Sue can come too. Can you eat on the train?
30. MARTIN: Yes, I can. But I'm going to eat in Pittsburgh.
31. EILEEN: Good. Sue can finish her homework before dinner.
32. MARTIN: What time are you going to have dinner?
33. EILEEN: At seven o'clock.
34. MARTIN: When are you going to come to the train station?
35. EILEEN: At eight o'clock.
36. Remember that time can be stated in a general way if an exact time is not important. Listen to some examples.
Kesin saati söylemeniz önemli değilse, genel bir zaman ifadesi kullanabileceğinizi unutmayın. Bazı örnekler sunuyoruz, dinleyin.
37. MARTIN: In the afternoon. Tonight.
38. EILEEN: Tomorrow evening. On Wednesday. On Thursday. After lunch. Last night. Before dinner.
39. We state exact times according to the clock. Listen to some examples.
Saate bakarak kesin bir zaman söyleriz. Vereceğimiz örnekleri dinleyin.
40. MARTIN: At nine-fifteen.
41. EILEEN: At seven-thirty. At one-thirty.
42. MARTIN: At eight-forty-five.
43. EILEEN: At seven o'clock. At eight o'clock.
44. Please answer some questions about your activities using exact time, that is according to the clock.
Şimdi vereceğimiz sorulara lütfen yapacağınız işlerle ilgili olarak saatinize bakarak kesin bir zamanla cevap verin.
45. MARTIN: What time do you eat lunch?
46. MARTIN: What time do you listen to English?
47. MARTIN: What time do you listen to music?
48. Please answer some questions about your activities using general time, that is by using one of the phrases we have listened to.
Bu sorulara da lütfen genel zaman ifadeleri kullanarak cevap verin. Şimdiye kadar öğrendiğiniz örnekleri kullanmayı deneyin.
49. MARTIN: When do you study English?
50. MARTIN: When do you go shopping?
51. MARTIN: When do you play sports?
52. EILEEN: Martin, when did you first visit Pittsburgh?
53. MARTIN: In 1975. I wrote a story about Pittsburgh ten years ago. I wrote a story three years ago. And I visited last year too.
54. EILEEN: When did you first visit Washington?
55. MARTIN: I don't know. Many years ago.
56. Please answer some questions about past events and activities.
Şimdi lütfen geçmişteki olay ve etkinliklerle ilgili sorulara cevap verin.
57. MARTIN: When did you leave school?
58. MARTIN: When did you visit your family?
59. MARTIN: When did you see your teacher?
60. You have been listening to VOA's English USA, Lesson 34, Part 1. In the next lesson, you will continue to use general and specific times.
ENGLISH USA LESSON 34, PART 2
WRITER: MAURICE IMHOOF
PRODUCER: FRANK BEARDSLEY
TURKISH: HULYA POLAT
In the next English USA lesson, Martin Learner talks to his wife at the train station. The discuss the times various activities will take place in the future or have taken place in the past. You will continue to learn how to state both general and specific times.
Bu derste Martin Learner ve eşi Eileen tren istasyonunda sohbete devam edecek. Martin ve Eileen, geçmişte yaptıkları işler ve gelecekle ilgili planları hakkında konuşmayı sürdürecek. Yine zaman konusu üzerinde duracağız.
1. This is English USA, on the Voice of America. Now, Lesson 34, Part 2.
2. Today you will learn to express more general and specific times. Martin Learner is at the train station with his wife. They talk about the time for various activities.
3. MARTIN: Are you going shopping today?
4. EILEEN: Yes.
5. MARTIN: When are you going shopping?
6. EILEEN: After work. I must buy some food.
7. MARTIN: Please buy some coffee.
8. EILEEN: Don't we have coffee?
9. MARTIN: No, I finished the coffee.
10. EILEEN: When?
11. MARTIN: This morning. I made coffee for breakfast. When did you buy coffee?
12. EILEEN: I bought coffee last week. Are you drinking too much coffee?
13. MARTIN: I like coffee.
14. EILEEN: When do you drink so much coffee?
15. MARTIN: In the morning. I like coffee in the morning.
16. EILEEN: What time is it, Martin?
17. MARTIN: It's nine-twenty.
18. EILEEN: What time is the train to Pittsburgh?
19. MARTIN: At nine-thirty.
20. EILEEN: May I buy a newspaper? I didn't read the newspaper this morning.
21. MARTIN: I don't know. Can you wait?
22. EILEEN: When can I buy the newspaper?
23. MARTIN: In a few minutes. I'm going in a few minutes.
24. EILEEN: Martin, are you going to work on Saturday?
25. MARTIN: No, I don't like to work on weekends.
26. EILEEN: Can you take Sue and her friends to the park?
27. MARTIN: When?
28. EILEEN: In the afternoon. There is a band concert.
29. MARTIN: What time is the concert?
30. EILEEN: The concert is at two-fifteen.
31. MARTIN: What band is playing?
32. EILEEN: There are three school bands playing. Some of Sue's friends are playing in the band.
33. MARTIN: What time are they going to finish?
34. EILEEN: At four o'clock. I want to work on Saturday.
35. MARTIN: Do you want to work at home?
36. EILEEN: No, I can't. I want to work at the office.
37. VALERIE: Eileen? Hi. How are you?
38. EILEEN: Hello! What are you doing here, Valerie? Martin, this is Valerie McCormick.
39. MARTIN: Hello. Eileen told me about you. I'm happy to meet you.
40. VALERIE: How are you?
41. MARTIN: Fine thanks.
42. EILEEN: Where are you going? What are you doing here?
43. VALERIE: I'm going home. I brought my husband to the train.
44. EILEEN: What time is his train?
45. VALERIE: It was at nine-ten. It left.
46. MARTIN: Where is he going?
47. VALERIE: He's going to Hartford, Connecticut. Where are you going?
48. EILEEN: Martin is going to Pittsburgh.
49. VALERIE: What time is your train?
50. MARTIN: It's at nine-thirty. I'm going now. Goodbye.
51. EILEEN: Goodbye. Be careful.
52. VALERIE: Goodbye, Martin.
53. Specific times are often stated as a time on the clock. For example "at seven o'clock, at nine-twenty, at two-forty-five." Notice that we often use the word "at" before the time. Listen to Martin and Eileen.
Belirli zaman ifadeleri, saat kullanılarak söylenir. Örneğin “at 7 o’clock”/saat 7’de, at nine-twenty/saat 9’u 20 geçe, at two-forty/five/saat 2:45’te.” Saat söylerken en başta “at” (‘te, ‘ta, ‘de, ‘da”-Türkçe’de satin belirten rakamdan sonra kullanılır) vardır. Şimdi Martin ve Eileen’I dinleyin.
54. MARTIN: At nine-thirty.
55. EILEEN: At two-fifteen. At four o'clock.
56. General times refer to a period of time. The exact time is not important. Listen again.
Genel zaman ifadeleri bir zaman dilimine işaret eder. Belirli saat önemli değildir. Tekrar dinleyin.
57. EILEEN: After work.
58. MARTIN: This morning.
59. EILEEN: Last week.
60. MARTIN: In the morning. In a few minutes.
61. EILEEN: In the afternoon.
62. Can you answer Martin's questions?
Martin’in sorularına cevap verebilir misiniz?
63. MARTIN: When are you going to travel?
64. MARTIN: When did you listen to the radio?
65. MARTIN: When does the English lesson begin?
66. You have been listening to VOA's English USA, Lesson 34, Part 2. Please join us for the next lesson.
English USA dizimizde 34’üncü dersi tamamladık. 35’inci derste yine birlikte olmak umuduyla.