ENGLISH USA LESSON 25, PART 1
WRITER: MAURICE IMHOOF
PRODUCER: FRANK BEARDSLEY
TURKISH: HULYA POLAT
In the next English USA lesson, Martin Learner is on a train on his way to New York City. He talks with his seatmate about leisure activities. You will learn to answer questions about your own leisure activities.
Martin Learner bu derste trenle New York’a gidiyor. Yolculuk sırasında Martin yanında outran yolcuyla boş zamanlarında neler yaptığını konuşacak. Bu konuda soru sorma ve cevap verme pratiği yapacaksınız.
2. This is English USA, on the Voice of America. Now, Lesson 25, Part 1.
3. In today's lesson, you will learn to answer questions about your leisure time activities. Martin is on a train talking with his seatmate.
5. TRAIN STATION
6. FEMALE: Good afternoon. May I sit here?
7. MARTIN: Of course. Please.
8. FEMALE: I am Dr. Darejan Mamoulishvili.
9. MARTIN: I'm Martin Learner.
10. FEMALE: Are you going to New York, Mr. Learner?
11. MARTIN: Yes, I am. I have some work there.
12. FEMALE: What do you do?
13. MARTIN: I'm a reporter.
14. FEMALE: Very nice.
15. MARTIN: What do you do?
16. FEMALE: I'm a doctor.
17. MARTIN: Are you a medical doctor?
18. FEMALE: Yes. I'm a children's doctor.
19. MARTIN: Wonderful! Are you going to New York?
20. FEMALE: Yes, I am.
21. MARTIN: Do you have work there?
22. FEMALE: No, I don't. I am on vacation.
23. MARTIN: Where are you from?
24. FEMALE: I am from Georgia.
25. MARTIN: Are you from Atlanta? You don't sound Georgian.
26. FEMALE: I am not from Georgia in America. I am from Georgia in Europe.
27. MARTIN: Where are you from in Georgia?
28. FEMALE: I'm from Tbilisi.
29. MARTIN: Do you work in Tbilisi?
30. FEMALE: Sometimes. I worked in Moscow last month. I worked in Kiev last year.
31. MARTIN: Do you have friends in New York?
32. FEMALE: Yes, I do. I worked in New York.
33. MARTIN: How long did you work in New York?
34. FEMALE: Only one year.
35. MARTIN: When did you work in New York?
36. FEMALE: Five years ago. But I visited New York too.
37. MARTIN: When did you visit New York?
38. FEMALE: Ten years ago. Three years ago. And last year.
39. MARTIN: Who do you visit?
40. FEMALE: I visit my doctor friends. I visit hospitals.
41. MARTIN: You have a working vacation.
42. FEMALE: That's right. I was working in Atlanta.
43. MARTIN: Atlanta, Georgia? Georgia in the United States?
44. FEMALE: That's right. Georgia in America.
45. MARTIN: When were you in Georgia?
46. FEMALE: I was in Georgia last week. I visited the Centers for Disease Control.
47. MARTIN: Who did you visit?
48. FEMALE: It was a meeting. I met with children's doctors. We talked about children's diseases.
49. MARTIN: When did you meet?
50. FEMALE: We met last Thursday and Friday.
52. We ask questions about the past with the question word "when." The answer uses a past tense verb. It frequently uses a word or words at the end of the sentence to indicate a specific time or period of time. We sometimes call these time expressions. You have already heard some. "five years ago" which means five years ago. "Last year, last week, last Thursday and Friday" which mean last year, last week, last Thursday and Friday. Listen to some questions and answers again.
Geçmiş zamanlı soruları sorarken soruya “when” “ne zaman” soru kelimesini kullanarak başlamak gerekir. Cevapta da fiilin geçmiş zaman çekimi kullanılır. Çoğu zaman da geçmişte hangi zamanda (gün,hafta,ay,yıl)bu işi yaptığınızı gösteren bir zaman sözcüğü kullanmanız gerekir. “Five years ago” “ beş yıl önce gibi. Ya da "last year, last week, last Thursday and Friday" geçen yıl, geçen hafta, geçen Perşembe ve Cuma gibi.Şimdi bazı soruları ve cevaplarını tekrar dinleyin.
53. MARTIN: When did you work in New York?
54. FEMALE: Five years ago. But I visited New York too.
55. MARTIN: When did you visit New York?
56. FEMALE: Ten years ago.
57. MARTIN: When were you in Georgia?
58. FEMALE: I was in Georgia last week.
59. MARTIN: When did you meet?
60. FEMALE: We met last Thursday.
61. Can you answer some questions about past activities?
Geçmişte yapılmış işlerle ilgili bazı sorulara cevap verebilir misiniz?
63. MARTIN: When did you visit your friends?
65. MARTIN: When did you meet your family?
67. MARTIN: When did you go to work?
70. You have been listening to VOA's English USA, Lesson 25, Part 1. In the next lesson, Martin and the doctor will talk about when leisure activities take place.
25’inci dersin 1’inci bölümünü dinlediniz. Bundan sonraki derste Martin Learner ve trende tanıştığı doktor, boş zamanlarında nasıl vakit geçirdiklerini konuşmaya devam edecek.
ENGLISH USA LESSON 25, PART 2
WRITER: MAURICE IMHOOF
PRODUCER: FRANK BEARDSLEY
TURKISH: HULYA POLAT
In this English USA lesson, Martin Learner talks with his seatmate on the train. She is a medical doctor visiting the United States on work and on vacation. You will learn to talk about when leisure activities take place.
Bu derste Martin Learner trende New York’a giderken yanında oturan Gürcistan’dan gelmiş çocuk doktoruyla konuşmaya devam edecek. Amerika’ya hem iş için gelen hem de biraz tatil yapmak isteyen doktor, Martin’in sorularına cevap verecek.
2. This is English USA, on VOA. Today, hear Lesson 25, Part 2.
3. In today's lesson you will learn to ask questions about when activities take place. Martin talks with his seatmate about when leisure activities take place.
5. TRAIN INTERIOR
6. MARTIN: When did you come to the United States?
7. FEMALE: I came last month.
8. MARTIN: What are you going to do in New York?
9. FEMALE: I'm going to visit friends. And I'm going to visit hospitals.
10. MARTIN: When do you visit family?
11. FEMALE: I don't have any family in America.
12. MARTIN: When do you visit family in Georgia?
13. FEMALE: I visit family during my vacation.
14. MARTIN: When is your vacation?
15. FEMALE: Sometimes my vacation is in the summer.
16. MARTIN: When did you visit your family?
17. FEMALE: I visited my family last summer. I worked in Kiev last year. I visited my family during my vacation.
18. MARTIN: What do you like to do during your vacation?
19. FEMALE: I like to swim. I like to walk in the mountains.
20. MARTIN: Do you have mountains in Georgia?
21. FEMALE: Of course. We have many mountains and rivers. When do you go on vacation?
22. MARTIN: I go on vacation during the summer. Sometimes I go during the winter.
23. FEMALE: What do you like to do?
24. MARTIN: I like to walk in the mountains too. My wife likes to hear music and see plays.
25. FEMALE: When does she see plays?
26. MARTIN: She went to see a play last week.
27. FEMALE: Where did she see the play?
28. MARTIN: She saw the play in Baltimore. We live in Baltimore. She saw a play in New York too.
29. FEMALE: When?
30. MARTIN: Last month.
31. FEMALE: Do you like music?
32. MARTIN: Yes, I do.
33. FEMALE: When do you listen to music?
34. MARTIN: I listen on the radio. I go to concerts.
35. FEMALE: When do you go to concerts?
36. MARTIN: I went to a concert last month.
37. FEMALE: Do you like sports?
38. MARTIN: Yes, I do. I like baseball. Do you like baseball?
39. FEMALE: No, I don't. When do you go to baseball?
40. MARTIN: We say baseball games.
41. FEMALE: You go to baseball games.
42. MARTIN: That's right.
43. FEMALE: When do you go to baseball games?
44. MARTIN: In the summer.
45. FEMALE: Did you go last summer?
46. MARTIN: Of course. I went with my family. I went with my friends too.
47. FEMALE: Do you like reading?
48. MARTIN: Yes, I do.
49. FEMALE: I like reading very much.
50. MARTIN: When do you like to read?
51. FEMALE: I like to read in the winter. I read Tolstoy in Kiev.
52. MARTIN: When did you read Tolstoy?
53. FEMALE: Last winter.
54. MARTIN: Do you read English books?
55. FEMALE: Sometimes. I like American books. I read Mark Twain.
56. MARTIN: When did you read Mark Twain?
57. FEMALE: Oh-- Fifteen years ago. I was in school.
59. Can you ask "when" questions about the past? Listen to Martin Learner ask the doctor a question.
“When” “ne zaman” kullanarak geçmişle ilgili sorular sorabilir misiniz? Önce Martin Learner’ın doktora sorduğu soruyu dinleyin.
60. FEMALE: I studied in Moscow.
61. MARTIN: When did you study in Moscow?
62. Now you ask Martin the questions. Martin will make a statement first.
Şimdi Martin’e soruları siz sorun. Önce Martin bir cümle söyleyecek. Siz de soruyla karşılık vereceksiniz.
64. MARTIN: I visited California.
66. MARTIN: I worked in Washington.
68. MARTIN: I traveled to New York.
70. MARTIN: I played baseball.
72. FEMALE: When did you play baseball?
73. MARTIN: Last summer. I played with my son and his friends. Do you like to travel?
74. FEMALE: Yes, I do. I meet new friends. I study. I work with new children. I like to travel.
75. MARTIN: Do you like sports?
76. FEMALE: Yes, I do. I like to play tennis.
77. MARTIN: I like to play tennis too. When do you play?
78. FEMALE: I play when I travel. I played in Atlanta. I'm going to play in New York.
79. MARTIN: Would you like some coffee?
80. FEMALE: No, thank you. I don't like coffee.
81. TRAIN INTERIOR
83. You have been listening to VOA's English USA, Lesson 25, Part 2. Please join us for the next lesson.
English USA dizimizin 25’ini dersini dinlediniz. 26’nci derste yine birlikte olacağız.